Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Thoughts on Learning 2.0

Web 2.0: Where will the next generation of the web it take libraries?
Away from Icebergs
Into a New World of Librarianship
To a Temporary Place in Time


These essays are though provoking.

I believe that Public Libraries are more customer centered than they used to be .
The challenge is reaching out to people who don't come into the Library or don't know what the Library is all about.

The Library is a type of Community Information Clearinghouse.
Using Web technologies, we can serve our customers better by providing reliable information on the web.

I am enjoying using these Web 2.0 tools, but right now, I see the use for them more as communications tools. I don't have confidence in some of the information I'm finding. These tools will be a great way to dissiminate information from Researchers, journals, and government agencies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home